Lawrenceville, GA – WIKA USA shares business continuity plan in light of current COVID-19 outbreak#
WIKA USA has no higher priority than the safety of our employees. No doubt, these past few weeks have been challenging and stressful for everyone. We are living in unprecedented times as the Coronavirus pandemic continues to spread. WIKA USA is committed to leading with transparency and making decisions based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local public health authorities to keep our family safe. In accordance with our Business Continuity plan we are actively managing the situation. Here is a list of steps that have already been implemented and that are being expanded and reduced as developments occur.
1) Temperature checks upon building entry at start of shift
2) Initiated local in-office social distancing
3) Eliminated personal clock-in and out to prevent in-line waiting/close proximity
4) Expanded our leave policy
5) Implemented a temporary work from home initiative with remote access to all systems
6) Banned international travel and inbound international visitors to WIKA USA sites; we have also limited domestic visitors to necessity only, and have established protocols to follow
7) Restricted domestic travel for all employees except for business critical situations, including onsite service
8) Implemented staggered shifts, including additional lunch periods and breaks, to minimize potential exposure and to maximize social distancing
9) Simplified entry and exit procedures to minimize touching handles, doors, etc.
10) Continuous monitoring of the current health crisis and daily Senior Management meetings
11) Immediate communication of any changes/additions to current plan
Due to potential supply chain interruptions and changing government policy, we have increased both our dollars of inventory on hand and increased our purchase of parts and finished goods to increase our safety stock.
As the threat of COVID-19 evolves, we will update our safety measures to ensure that the highest precaution is being taken at all times.
Thank you to all our customers for your patience as we continue to navigate the coming weeks. By continuing to work together as partners, we can protect our employees, reduce the spread of the virus, and sustain our businesses.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
For 70 years, WIKA has continuously advanced instrumentation for pressure, temperature, and level and flow measurement. Leveraging decades of experience, we developed a broad selection of stock and custom solutions as well as engineering services to support plant safety, productivity and profitability. A global leader in lean manufacturing, WIKA has manufacturing locations around the globe, which enables flexibility and the ability to meet high delivery demands. www.wika.us