Force sensors: our standard portfolio
Whether in port logistics, in machine building, for cranes or lifting gear, in medicine or agriculture, or in other fields: Select the WIKA force sensor that best suits your requirements. The WIKA product portfolio includes tension and compression force transducers, shear and bending beams, shackle load cells,
ring force transducers
as well as load pins, tension links, wire rope force transducers and strain transducers. The sensors are readily available in various versions which we are, however, happy to flexibly adapt to your requirements. Our technical sales staff will gladly advise you on the selection of the right force transducer for your application.
Force sensors: individual solutions for you
When are individual force sensors the best solution for your application? This can be the case, for example, with customer-specific payloads or measuring ranges. Even with load pins, individual solutions are often used. We develop the appropriate force transducer together with you. It doesn't matter whether you need force sensors in small quantities or for mass production. Our experienced engineers and technicians will respond to your needs and know exactly what matters to you. For such projects, we start with a force transducer as an additive component to the assembly for an optimised integrated force measurement solution.
Our services for your appropriate force sensor include:
- Advice on the measurement technology. For example, we gather the measuring conditions on-site. This provides a reliable basis for pinpoint analysis of the problem.
- Competent engineering. The simplest solutions are often the best: Frequently, a force transducer from the standard programme can be adapted to your needs. If not, then we develop an appropriate force sensor that meets your requirements 100 %.
- Reliable commissioning. Installing the force transducers, commissioning the system: You can rely on our experienced technicians.
- Dedicated after-sales service. Recalibrating and repairing force sensors: That is also part of our range of services.
Load cells: special form of force transducers
You can also find load cells in the WIKA product portfolio. These are a special form of force sensors, designed for use in weighing equipment. It enables very high measurement accuracies between 0.01 % and 0.05 % Fnom. These force transducers are, inter alia, used in platform, filling and packaging scales and also in dynamic test systems, electronic precision scales and industrial scales.
Force sensors: diverse requirements
Force transducers must fulfil numerous requirements – in medium-sized companies as well as in large corporations. Such companies expect fast delivery, the highest quality and precision, security against failures and for their investment and they attach great importance to the protection of people. WIKA is your reliable partner here.
You can also count on us in the field of functional safety and under extreme operating conditions. We work in accordance with the machinery directive, 2006/42/EC. We offer products that are compatible with performance level (PL) and safety integrity level (SIL) and that can be used in hazardous areas (ATEX, IECEx, FM, CSA, UL).
Force sensors: different technologies
With WIKA, three technologies are used for building force transducers: strain gauges, thin-film sensors and hydraulic force measurement.
- Foil strain gauges (FSG for short) offer a high degree of geometric variability and feature a high accuracy from 0.01 % of FS. Even the smallest forces can be reliably measured by such force sensors. The strain gauges are glued to the deformation body and the measuring ranges are from 0 ... 0.5 N to 0 ... 10,000 kN.
- Thin-film technology is the favoured variant in many, even complex, applications. Its advantage is cost efficiency. Force transducers with thin-film sensors are very cost-effective for special manufacture or OEM applications and also for safety-related applications due to their redundant output signals. In addition, they provide high robustness and high long-term stability. Through the sputtering process, the measuring bridge of the force sensor is atomically connected to the measuring cell body. The measuring ranges of these force transducers cover from 0 ... 1 kN to 0 ... 10,000 kN.
- Hydraulic force transducers use a combination of piston and case, with various seals, as a sensor unit. Due to its easy handling, its robustness and its operation without supply voltage, this form of force measurement is valued by users. The measuring ranges extend from 0 ... 160 N to 0 ... 10,000 kN.
WIKA & tecsis: successful together
Through the integration of the world-renowned measurement technology manufacturer, tecsis, the WIKA portfolio is expanded with the measurement parameter of force. tecsis represents innovative solutions of the highest quality in measurement and sensor technology.
The force sensors are manufactured in locations on three continents: economically, to consistently high quality and with reliable service along the entire value creation and delivery chain. When it comes to force sensors, you can rely on WIKA – a privately owned company that thinks and acts in the long term.